My Way Is The Bioway!
Are you eager to know more about the world we live in? Do you think you are awesome enough to grow a successful business from what Nature provides? "My way is the Bioway!" is exactly the Summer Course you need to attend this Summer! "My way is the Bioway!" is an intensive course where participants are introduced to scientific fundamental knowledge on the field of biotechnology and business developing. The activities planned are designed to provide a vibrant and intense environment, nurturing creativity, hunger for hard knowledge and challenges. While starting to build your own network, through sharing experiences with companies and others. Embracing the topics of Biotecnology and Entrepreneurship , participants will have the chance to visit companies, solve practical problems and attend classes in advanced topics. We can provide the answers to your questions and make you the BEST bio-entrepreneur! If you aren't already fully and madly in love with this summer course, try adding the awesome wheather of the beautifull historical city of Lisbon! Apply now to Summer Course so you can be part of this Summer!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Pharmacy , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Entrepreneurship and Biotechnology; Molecular tools for engineering of industrial microbial strains; Modern bioreactor monitoring and control, PAT, QbD; A condensed overview of bioprocesses; Advanced biofuels and biorefineries
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Entrepreneurship and Biotechnology; Creating value with biobusinesses; Understanding how gene- or genome-wide- based tools can be used to increase robustness of microbial strains with industrial application; From raw material to final product: the bioassembly line; Bioprocesses: a green approach for manufacturing goods; Modern bioreactor monitoring and control An overview of process analytical technology (PAT) and quality by design (QbD) into biomanufacturing; Understanding biochemical conversion of lignocellulose into biofuels and other chemicals
- Examination type:
- 4 mini-tests and a final presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Selection criteria will be based on the interest shown on the topic, on Lisbon and its culture and on the originality of the motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student's dormitory
- Warm lunch and dinner provided by the university canteen during the weekdays and cooked by the organizers otherwise. Breakfast and coffee breaks provided by the organizers.
- Walking, public transportation and university bus.