The model, the threat, and the insider.
Have you ever wondered why James Bond is so successful?
Whether the security precautions in big organisations work?
How to actually break them?
Have you ever tried to convince somebody to something they were not allowed to do?
Welcome to the fascinating world of security and insiders. Insider threats are one of the toughest and most insidious problems in information security, and indeed in security in general. By definition, an insider has better access, is more trusted, and has better information about internal procedures, high-value targets, and potential weak spots in the security of an organisations.
We are all insiders almost everywhere, be it an organisation, our family, a club. Understanding the threats posed by insiders and protecting against them is one of the big challenges for the future.
Come to lovely Denmark, where the vikings used to roam, and where now the Danish people roam instead, welcoming visitors from around the world. People leave Denmark amazed by our hospitality and "hygge", and we will make sure you experience this first hand. You will make new international friendships, that will last a lifetime, and you will collect memories of an unforgettable summer course and country!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Insider threats and risk assessment, social engineering, security, modelling and analysis.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course focusses on insider threats in organisations. The lectures cover general properties of insiders and historical cases, more formal approaches to modelling systems and identifying possible threats, and how to counter them. At the end of the course we expect participants to be able to explain what characterises an insider, the possible impact on an organisation, and to analyse systems for potential insider threats. The course will consist of lectures and practical parts including structured exercises where you will be an inside attacker and defender.
- Examination type:
- Poster / presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational Letter & answers to the questions asked in the letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals a' day, at least one of them hot.
- Public transportation, maybe bikes.