Cheese and Beer : Welcome to the french paradise !
Have you ever dreamed about the famous french gastronomy ?? And most of all about discovering some of its deep secrets that get french people totally addicted to it??
Have you ever dreamed about the East of France where it never rains, where people are smiling, never grumpy but always ready for partying ?
Have you ever dreamed about dancing all night long around the Stanislas square ?
'Wanna discover the country of snails, wine, baguette, saucisson, a-different-cheese-by-day-by-year and french kisses even after all of this?!
If so, we got for you the french paradise - a place where the gourmands and the others are very welcomed !
You will attend to lectures, visit labs and different companies such as a brewery and a farm specialized in goat's cheese making. Last but not least you will understand how cheeses and beers are made (what is very useful in order to boast during parties with your friends ^^). You don't have to bring your own cow or goat, barley or yeast, we'll give you all what you need to make your own cheese and beer (especially skills)!
Lucky you ! You are 1 click away from the most awesome week of your spring 2011 (and maybe of your life!).
What are you waiting for? Just click! We're already waiting for you!!!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- You will attend lectures related to beer and cheese making, go to laboratories. You will also visit companies and see how these delicious food are produced.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To give a great overview of food manufacturing Theoretical lectures enriched with company visits and practical work
- Examination type:
- Written exam/presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We will select 22 participants on their motivation letter, great answers to our questions, crazy spirit and we will try to keep diversity between countries and equal number of girls and boys.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Accommodation near the university
- 3 meals per day at least one of them hot. There will be picnic, lunch at the university restaurant and sublime diners that organicers will be very happy to cook for you!
- Public transport, cars or buses and sometimes bike, foot or cow riding :p