Honey, bring me a beer! - brewing industry and honey production
Have you ever wondered, on Sundays evening sitting in a pub with your friends, what is behind the scene of this amber liquid called beer? Or on the next morning, drinking your hangover tea with honey, how many bees were involved, to let you bask in its sweetness? Now you have an unique opportunity to know answer for those and many more questions!
LBG Lodz is proud to invite you on our course about all mysteries of brewing industry and honey production. In the hot summer season, you will be taken to beer factory and to apiary, to see bees at work when there is a lot to be done. Of course, as a part of practical usage of knowledge gained during classes. Our lecturers will teach you about bees' work, the artificial honey and differences in chemical composition of variants of natural one.
And what about beer? Here you are! All theory needs practical confirmation, so taste sense will be at least as busy as your brains. If you have not decided yet, check how many beer types exists and how many breweries there are in Poland!
Do not hesitate! Apply now, till it's still a time to experience the most amber journey in you life!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biology , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The course will cover the specifics of processes used to produce/obtain beer and honey. The subject will be presented both theoretically by academic staff during lectures and labs and practically in production facilities.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Basic knowledge about biochemical processes occuring in beer and honey. Basic knowledge about production enginnering of those products.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of project prepared during the course
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 2-3 person rooms in students' dorms
- Three meals per day, at least one warm
- Municipal transportation