|Place, Dates & Organisers
Place: Aachen, Germany
Dates: 10 June 2016 to 18 June 2016
University: RWTH Aachen University of Technology
BEST Course on Technology
Fee: 36.0 euro. Convert to
Depending on the country of your university, the amount of fee
can be lower. [Read more]
Application until: 20 Mar 2016 at 23:00 CET
Application deadline has passed.
| Participation requirements:
Prior knowledge required
(General knowledge/ideas about the generation of energy from traditional and renewable sources, the methods of mobility and IT)
Academic complexity: Basic [Read more]
Working time: 26
Welcome to the city of Aachen that always embracing new ideas and discoveries!
This time we want to bring our awesome participants into the world of Smart & Sustainable Cities. Are you up to date with such cool topics as ICT (Information and Communication technology), Urban Planning or Green environment? Or maybe smart governance? We are going to let you improve this knowledge ;-) During the unforgettable course you'll learn about the importance of smart cities in modern world, renewable energy methods and their applications in designing futuristic settlements. You will also be able to get an insight into the latest developments of our famous research institutes.
With all those smart and sustainable cities, of course we cannot neglect the beauty of elder cities. Interested in learning about new technologies and gathering knowledge about Aachen? You gonna have unbelievably great parties, a fun-filled city rally around the historic city of Aachen and a German culture shock!
Got interested? Just apply and find out about us and our awesome city more in June! ;-D
- Fields of activity:
Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics
Control Engineering/Systems engineering
Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering
Multimedia and Communication Design
Rural and Surveying Engineering
- Content and topics:
This summer BEST Aachen is organising its second course and wants you to be a part of it! No doubt, you are a successful student at your university, who wants to find out more about the new methods of building and designing smart and sustainable cities.
Your wish to participate in a course on smart cities clearly underlines your foresight and receptive intellect. Our current cities are dependent on fossil and nuclear energy sources which are destroying the environment we live in. The only way for survival of the human race is to implement renewable energy technologies to create sustainable settlements. We are providing you the tools to save the future!
The truth is, recent developments have already changed the world we live in so much! Elon Musk of Tesla, have created SolarCity which provides energy to part of California. European Commission have announced the program Horizon 2020 which is aimed at defining and turning into reality the dream of greening the economy and the society to achieve a truly sustainable development. Taking a peek into Tomorrowland, where everybody has a flying car and just imagine, you dont have to pay for the gas because its running on free and green energy! Awesome, right?
You might not believe, but there are no limits to what we can achieve using new developments in sustainable technology!!
So then, let's meet in June and see what we can do together for the future ;-)
And why come to Aachen? Because:
- Germany is the cradle of new Technologies
- RWTH Aachen is one of Germanys top engineering schools
- Aachen is full of rich history the coronation city of Kaisers for centuries, and such a popular bathing resort, that Casanova and Peter the Great from Russia visited it
- Companies youll meet during the course are looking for international(ly minded) students just like yourself!
- Heres where engineers work relentlessly fuelled by the best beer in the world
We're looking forward to your application! Join us for a once-in-a-lifetime-experience in June 2016 in Aachen!
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The students are supposed to get an insight into the recent developments in Sustainable Energy as well as how to implement them to build smart cities.
- The students will learn to work in a diverse team of different nationalities and will as well improve their soft skills.
- The students will learn about the German culture and the history of Aachen.
- Examination type: Written, oral or project work.
- Number of ECTS credits issued:
Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria for participants: We select our participants based on their motivational letters and answers to the questions.
Show your knowledge and your creativity there! Furthermore, we want you to be interested in the field, getting to know the German culture and of course being a legendary person we want to meet!
All of these are covered by the event fee.
- Lodging during the event: Cottage or Youth Hostel.
- Food during the event: 3 meals per day of which at least one will be hot - insights into the German cuisine are guaranteed and you will definitely want to try the world famous Schnitzel! Not to mention Curry-Wurst au huur!
- Transportation during the event: Public transport and rented buses - possibility of travelling in spaceships is not ruled out!
For more information about this event, check out the following links
(these links lead to outside this website - if they turn out to be
unavailable, please try again later):