|Place, Dates & Organisers
Place: Coimbra, Portugal
Dates: 24 July 2013 to 3 August 2013
University: University of Coimbra
(See University profile in BEST university centre)
BEST Course on Technology
Fee: 44.0 euro. Convert to
Depending on the country of your university, the amount of fee
can be lower. [Read more]
Application until: 18 Mar 2013 at 23:00 CET
Application deadline has passed.
| Participation requirements:
No prior knowledge required
Academic complexity: Basic [Read more]
Working time: 25
Do you think you can reach the sky?
Have you haver wondered how airlines organize themselves in such a risky business?
Want to know more about aeronautics (materials, maintenance and other things)?
Coimbra's SC will show you how!
And what about FUN?
Let's see what we can offer you:
1. This is a City of students, where you can relax and enjoy monuments with centuries, Sé Velha
2. Fado, an Intangible Heritage of Humanity, Amália Rodrigues
3. A Mediterranean diet with delicious plates, Sardinha assada
4. A Country with a 1230km coast, Figueira da Foz
WANT EVEN MORE?
Then don't forget: "Spread your wings and fly to the BEST Summer of your life!"
- Fields of activity:
Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics
Control Engineering/Systems engineering
Machine & Instrument engineering/Design
Multimedia and Communication Design
Naval Architecture & Engineering
- Content and topics: Aeronautics, air transportation, new materials, maintenance, among other things...
During the Course you will have: Lectures presented by distinct Professors and Researchers, Company and Labs visits...
- Learning goals and objectives: It's our commitment that you leave our Course knowing at least something about airline organization and airplanes. It's not for nothing that some of the lectures will be given by Researchers from the Portuguese branch of MIT (http://www.mitportugal.org/)
So, if you want to let your knowledge take off to higher grounds: Choose us!
- Examination type: The participants will have to solve a real problem. At the end of the Course, you will have time to prepare a short presentation where you have to point out solutions - like a Case-Study.
- Number of ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria for participants: The participants' selection will be focused in two major points: 1. A motivational letter where you tell us why are you the BEST candidate 2. Interest in the topic
All of these are covered by the event fee.
- Lodging during the event: University dorms
- Food during the event: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are fully guaranteed by the Course Organizers. Some meals will be at the University canteens and others will be made by our LBG Chefs :) These are among the BEST in Portuguese universities.
- Transportation during the event: Bus, foot, car, train... It's a multimodal course!
For more information about this event, check out the following links
(these links lead to outside this website - if they turn out to be
unavailable, please try again later):