The Lord of the Hacks: The Two Firewalls - Introduction to Cyber Security
Have you ever wondered what all this discussion about cyber security is about?
Heard about massive hacking attacks and thought: Whoa, how could that happen?
Do you want to see one of the coolest cities in Europe?
Have you ever wondered why Denmark is one of the happiest countries in the world?
If the answer to all these questions is "YES!!", then look no further! This course is the one that you should apply for.
We are inviting you to Copenhagen to get a broad introduction into cyber security! How are hackers able to break into our systems? How can we protect ourselves? You will be learning about approaches to prevent cyber attacks from happening and hear first hand experiences from experts provided from one of the leading companies in this area.
Apart from learning about all the fascinating tech things, you will learn and experience Danish "hygge", a magical feeling that has no English translation, you will get to know more about Vikings, their history and heritage, and you will form memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Mathematics
- Content and topics:
- This event focuses on an introduction to cybersecurity and the following is an overview of the topics this includes an intro to the tools used in the course, physical security, social engineering, network security, web security, and a final challenge.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course will provide participants with a broad overview of the area of cybersecurity. It will provide an overview of existing methods and tools used by hackers. The value of proper cyber defenses and their construction will be highlighted. The participant is expected to be able to understand and explain the relevant concepts at the end of the course and to develop strategies to tackle different problems. The course will consist of lectures/workshops provided by experts from the cybersecurity or related fields.
- Examination type:
- Presentation, Project, or Written Exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to questions. Creativeness, resourcefulness (and awesomeness :D) are greatly appreciated.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Cabin, Hostel, or University-provided accommodation.
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them cooked and hot. We will ask the selected participants about any food allergies or special diets prior to the event.
- Public transportation. Paid by the organizers.