Cellulose, more than paper!
Have you ever wondered what you can do with paper besides reading, writing, or doing some cool airplanes?
Have you heard about Paper Electronics? What about biosensors? Did you know that it's possible to make smart packages using cellulose?
The evolution of science and technology demands the search for low-cost and more sustainable functional materials thereby cellulose is a great candidate for a wide range of applications! The emerging areas of engineering and technology have been exploring this material and its ability to substitute many conventional materials in various fields such as the development of the next generation of IoT sustainable devices being more than just support for writing.
This course will give you the opportunity to understand this material and its applications from biosensors to electronics alongside companies and professionals in this area. At the end of the course, you will be saying: CELLULOSE, MORE THAN PAPER!
On top of that, the wonderful seaside city of Almada is waiting for you! Here you will taste Portuguese Cuisine, enjoy our lovely weather and beautiful beaches, have tons of fun, meet a lot of new people while learning about our rich culture and above all - you will have the time of your life!
What are you waiting for?! Pack your bags, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechatronics
- Content and topics:
- Cellulose, Modern Technology, Biosensors, Electronics, Materials Science, Teamwork
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Understanding that cellulose has the possibility for application in the emerging areas of engineering and technology, that span from biosensors to electronics, being much more than just support for writing.
- Examination type:
- Group presentation and/or quiz activities
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be chosen by Motivation Letter and by answering some questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Residency of the University.
- The meals will be provided by the organisers. There will be 3 meals served each day and at least one of those will be a hot meal.
- All the transportation during the course will be provided by the organisers (boat, metro, buses, and cars).