How I met Mr. Arduino
Embedded Systems are everywhere.
Every time you look your watch, answer the phone, take a picture, or turn on the TV you are interacting with an embedded system. Embedded systems are also found in cars, airplanes,and robots.
In this event what we offer you is the unique chance to Learn how to program Embedded Systems, that is a critical skill, necessary for many industries and scientific jobs. We will use the Arduino open source platform, which is an inexpensive, popular embedded system used by hobbyists, researchers, and industries, to implement the techniques learned in class.
If you would make this kind of experience.. COME TO MESSINA!
The city lying on the Strait of Messina that Goethe described as "the land of lemons in flower where the golden oranges glow among the dark leaves", where the weather is hotter and people are awesome!
You will also have the possibility to spend some time in an holiday site where white sandy beaches and blue crystalline seas have nothing to envy to Malibu beaches and where also you will be asked to get familiar with young local habits: many sunbathing and wonderful swims during the day and wonderful swims again wormed up by bonfire and music during the night!
..Don't you like the Sicilian heat especially when too close to the sea?! Don't worry guys!
We can satisfy everyone's like: you will be taken at about two thousand meters above sea level enjoying some breath-taking landscapes..
..Haven't we met your wishes yet?!? No problem!
How to resist to the irreplaceable Sicilian dishes?
There is no need to add anything else.
BE READY, THE HOTTEST SUMMER OF YOUR LIFE IS AT THE DOOR!
Are you brave enough?
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Mechatronics
- Content and topics:
- Arduino Technologies. The course is strongly focused on laboratory activities. Exercises will be proposed with many different variants, so it will be possible to practice the theoretical concepts just learned. We initially consider simple case studies, designed to teach the basics of electrical engineering, and then gradually move to more complex projects, to allow students to discover how to interact with the physical world through sensors and actuators. Notions about physical characteristics and features of each new hardware component will be introduced within the laboratory sessions, through specific electrical engineering recalls.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the this course is to instruct students on the basics of interfacing,configuring, and programming embedded systems. By the end of the course, students will have mastered the basics of embedded system programming. This course will help them to prepare for cutting edge careers in industry and research.
- Examination type:
- Case Study
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers on our questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University Dormitory with single rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, fridge and bathroom.
- University canteen and provided by organisers. Three meals, at least one hot meal per day.
- By public transport, private cars and foot, based on needs.