AI have a dream
Artificial Intelligence will exceed humans in reasoning and intelligence.
Did this sentence terrify you? Or did it trigger your interest?
If it was the latter, you are the one we’ve been looking for! Join us in a series of classes and practical sessions, where we will explore all the fascinating things AI can do.
And all this while visiting the beautiful city of Ghent, the City of the Three Towers. Its mighty medieval centre will definitely amaze you. Maybe just as much as exploring Ghent by night, because as you might know, Belgium is home to a very famous tradition.
We can't wait to let you taste our Belgian specialities such as fries, beer, waffles and our well-known chocolate.
If you're not afraid to take a Turing test, don't hesitate to apply for this Summer Course in Ghent!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics
- Content and topics:
- Deep learning with convolutional neural networks.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Starting from the basic concepts of machine learning, we will introduce neural networks and deep learning. We will then move on to convolutional neural networks for image-related tasks, and finish with an application to arcade games, using image-based reinforcement learning.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions. Aiming for a diverse group of nationalities and cultures.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Dormitories with camping beds.
- Three meals per day, at least one (or two) hot meals. Coffee breaks between lecture/class.
- We will take public transportation and ride bikes for about 10km a day. So some biking experience is a must!