The Shape of Molecular Electronics - Come Bond with ME!
A charming town bearing a considerable resemblance to the city of Amsterdam, but without all the crazy hustle. That is Delft. Despite being labeled as a relatively calm and quiet, you will come across more than a handful of inviting unique pubs, bars, and cozy cafes here. Wanna see more? Jump on a bike and within a short ride you can reach some of the bigger cities in the area (Rotterdam, Den Haag) or even the beach. And let’s not forget about the university - TU Delft ranks as one of the best universities of technology in the world! That is why the LBG Delft in cooperation with the university staff invites every year around 20 enthusiastic students from all over Europe to join their Spring Course and also to experience the perks of student life in Delft. The current trend in technology is to keep things small. And in Delft, we make sure to keep up with the course of innovation. Therefore, this year we invite you to experience the excitement of learning about ‘Molecular Electronics’! Come to discover the ways of utilizing single molecules and their electronic properties. Learn about the advantages and potential applications of this branch, which combines quantum mechanics, electronics, nanotechnology, and chemistry. Find out how this advancement outweighs a rather “obsolete” and “too large” silicon-based technology and thereby enables to reduce significantly the size of a final product. We can promise you an enthusiastic teaching staff, exciting academic program, and friendly LBG BESTies with the BEST care and social program!
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Mechatronics , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Molecular Electronics
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Getting the students acquainted with the field of molecular electronics: what it is, what are its advantages and problems and how it is realized.
- Examination type:
- Written and/or practical
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to questions, interest in molecular electronics, interest in Delft and the Dutch culture, positive attitude towards the event.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Scouting house.
- Three meals per day (at least one of them is warm).
- Bikes, foot, cars, public transport, tuk-tuks. Participants have to be able to ride a bike!