Journey to the centre of earth
Have you ever wanted to go and see the land of fire and ice, well here’s your chance to explore it.
For the first time since 2019, LBG Reykjavík is doing a course about geology and volcanoes. It’s the land where volcanoes and geothermal heat have made their mark on the landscape, along with the many glaciers and glacier lagoons, a land of pristine and unspoiled nature.
In Iceland you could get a chance to see the sun still high and bright in the sky at midnight. See the geothermal areas where geysers rule supreme. To see and witness something new.
- Fields of activity:
- Content and topics:
- Unfold the mysteries of how a new land is formed. See with your own eyes land being built with lava flow , volcanic eruptions and rock formation. Learn how it breaks down and is shaped by glaciers and rivers.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Understand everything about geology, specifically volcanos and how they form and work. you will attend lectures in the mornings and in the evening explore Iceland and It's magic.
- Examination type:
- Project or practical work
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Sportshall in the University of Iceland.
- For the whole duration of the event, drinkable water and three meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be provided at no extra cost. At least one meal per day will be served cooked and hot.Special food requirements of participants will be provided at no extra cost in case of medical necessity or personal and religious beliefs, as long as the organizing LBG is informed about such requirements in advance.
- It will either be by cars that the organizers have or by bus and walking. Transportation costs to the arrival place and from the departure place will not to be covered by the organizing LBG.