The Water Odyssey of Budapest: Understanding the Urban Water Cycle
How much do you know about the journey of water in a city’s water system?
Do you wonder how water gets to your tap and how its cleanliness is always ensured?
Are you interested in how wastewater is treated before released back into the environment?
Join us this summer in the picturesque city of Budapest and take part in our course about urban water supply and wastewater treatment to get answers to all of these and many more questions. Learn about the latest advancements in the field including water treatment processes, advanced treatment technologies, water reuse and conservation strategies. You'll get a comprehensive overview in planning, designing, operating and maintaining water and wastewater systems.
During the course you will discover our beautiful capital, Budapest, and explore it through a local’s eye. You will have a chance to try our delicious traditional dishes and taste our national drinks. The city awaits you with its magnificent summers, numerous thermal baths, staggering architecture, rich history and culture. Experience the atmosphere of this marvellous place with the company of like-minded people from all around Europe.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to learn from industry experts and immerse yourself in one of Europe's most vibrant cities. Show us your motivation on the topic, your curiosity about our city and country and join us on this unforgettable 8-day journey.
Be in for the “water” ride of your life!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- - Different ways of water withdrawal: Surface water and groundwater sources - Current technologies for water purification - Water delivery networks and reservoirs in urban areas - Wastewater collection and treatment: methods used to treat and dispose of wastewater, primary and secondary treatment processes
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Understand the water cycle in urban areas from water withdrawal to wastewater treatment. Principles and technologies used to provide clean, safe drinking water to urban populations. Methods used to treat and dispose of wastewater in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Examination type:
- Group project and presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on motivational letter, interest in the topic and answers to our questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth hostel or dormitory.
- Three meals per day, at least one of them hot.
- Public transportation, cars (provided by organisers), walking.