Imaging analysis: Big doctor is watching you!
Have you ever asked yourself how the machines at hospitals understand what is wrong with you ? How does the doctor differentiate your normal tissue with what is an anomaly? If that is your case we have the answer for you !
During this course we will show you how to create a software to analyze medical imaginary. Crazy isn’t it ?! But that’s not all, this course takes place in the BEST city of Belgium, Louvain-La-Neuve, a.k.a the city that nevers sleeps. Where you’ll have the opportunity to meet Incredible people, go to amazing parties, visit beautiful places and taste a lot of delicious belgium food!
You are still not sure about it ? really? Let's do a quick recap. If you want to:
- Learn about analyzing medical imaging
- Learn how to create a software with the resources available outside of the hospital
- Taste REAL belgian fries and waffles
- Visit the most beautiful cities in Belgium
- Eat the best chocolate on Earth (we know you want to)
- Meet crazy and wonderful people of Louvain-la-Neuve
Well don’t wait any longer ! write your motivation letter and come meet us because this course is made for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Biomedical Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The course will consist in theoretical lessons and small exercices and projects realized in groups of 3 with as goal to develop a project by groups of 3. The theorical part will cover the fonctionnement of imaging workflow in hospitals, the standard protocol of imaging communication in the medical world and the logiciels and libraries needed to the developpement of the project.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Explore how software for medical imaging can be developed in “garage” mode, by gathering together the many resources that can be found outside an actual hospital
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to 3 questions. We're looking for outgoing students who want to meet new people, discover Belgium and student folklore. Show us that you like and know something about the topic, and of course that you are fun and LOVING. Make sure your motivation letter is FUN and CREATIVE!!! Give us a hard time choosing participants
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Comfortable student housing ( each participant has their own room).
- We provide breakfast and two meals a day (lunch & dinner), at least a hot one per day.
- Transportation during the event will be provided at no extra costs. We will be mainly walking but we'll use the train, as well as the bus and the car. We might also rent bikes during our Weekend Trip.