Power up our planet now, come on!
With increased electrification and more strict environmental goals, we need more energy. As pollution from petroleum and coal fuels is corrupting our environment it is our responsibility to brighten our future. This journey will take a lot of effort and heroes in our society to explore and learn about alternative routes to generate energy. Nuclear power is a continuous effort to generate energy safely and creating innovative solutions to deal with the waste.
As a bonus to what you will learn during the course, you will also get to experience the Swedish culture – everything from eating fermented fish ("surströmming") to spending time in the middle of the ancient Swedish forest and taking a swim in a lake.
So if you are curious about nuclear power and also want to get to know Swedish culture - APPLY!
Together we can power up the world!
- Fields of activity:
- Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
• Basic concepts of nuclear physics
• Nuclear power generation
• Nuclear safety
• Nuclear systems in the future
• Laboratory session – Measuring ionizing radiation
• Project work
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is to learn about the different aspects of nuclear power and tackle the ethical issues related to it. The participants should learn to understand the basic science behind nuclear power and discuss the ethical issues with the professors and become familiar with advancements in this field of engineering.
- Examination type:
- Final project and presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, topic interest and knowledge, answers to the questions, and interest in Sweden and Swedish culture.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals a day, at least one hot
- Bus, train, car, walking