shAPPing your odds: take your business to the CLOUDS
When you were a child, everything seemed possible. Life was a dream and you could be whatever you wanted to be: a masterchef at the top of the Eiffel tower, an explorer in the tropical jungle, an astronaut discovering the space, a pokemon trainer who caught a legendary Mewtwo and who says that it cant become real now??
The Norwegian software development company intraHouse, experts in creating cutting-edge enterprise mobile technologies during the past 20 years, encourages you to keep dreaming. Bring your idea to life and make a success of it with the help of One Mobile Tool, intraHouses newest platform.
Apply as any of the two profiles (or both!) we are looking for:
-Experienced App programmer for Android or/and iOS (Java/Swift).
-Graphic designer with experience in UX and UI.
In teams of 5, you will develop your Android/iOS App and polish it prom beautiful. We give you the tools to make a business out of it and invite you to join a new peer to peer entrepreneur community #ShapingTheOdds where you will be able to learn, share, collaborate and grow your network. We will also host a real event to present your ideas to the world!
Sounds interesting? It gets better! We offer you this wonderful experience in the winter sun of Gran Canaria where you can enjoy the beach in February and savour our tropical flavours while joining our famous Carnaval culture and warm, friendly people.
We are now chasing our dream, proposing a Summer Course during the Winter Season!! If you want to know more about it, just APPLY and EXPECT the UNEXPECTED.
Come ShapingTheOdds to the island of the never ending spring!
- Fields of activity:
- Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Multimedia and Communication Design , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- 1.Introduction to services 2.Apps in the business world 3.Introduction to One Mobile Tool 4.WS Brainstorming and project development in OMT 5.Marketing strategies 6.Introduction to other products 7.Native app development 8.WS brainstorming new functionalities. Native mods development. Hooking to OMT 9.Monetization 10.Project presentation
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main goal is to apply prior knowledge in computer science and graphic design to the real world of entrepreneurship by developing a functional APP for a business idea in a working group.They will learn about different APP and internet services applied to business development. Participants will be introduced to the use of a real platform as One Mobile Tool and use it to develop the APP and they will be granted access to a large network of entrepreneurs (ShapingTheOdds). Before the event takes place, participants will be provided with the needed information to be prepared for the course. Soft skills useful for entrepreneurs, such as marketing strategies or monetization, will be also part of the lectures. A real event with companies and entrepreneurs will be hosted to present the ideas for the participants to live the experience.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the questions and prior knowledge.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel in the city centre.
- Three meals per day, at least one of them hot.
- Public transport.