All the Shades of Cabernet
How much do you know about Moldova?
No matter how deep is your knowledge in geography, you definitely know that Moldova is famous for its 5000 year history in winemaking—the art of producing one of the most aristocratic drinks—wine.
Do you want to be a little bit more aristocratic?
This summer, 22 students will have a chance to learn about winemaking in the BEST way, by learning history, composition and the process of creating this beautiful drink. During 9 days of the course, you will be introduced into the topic by theoretical lectures and practical workshops in laboratories, facilitated by professors and specialists in this field. In addition, participants will have the possibility to visit one of the top winemaking companies from Moldova.
Still not motivated to apply?
Take the chance to discover a new country by exploring its traditions, places and people and live this 9 days the moldavian way! Visit our unique capital - Chisinau and meet new people from all over the Europe to create unforgettable memories together. Take part in a weekend trip and visit mysterious underground wine cellars.
Apply to the BEST Course “All the shades of Cabernet” and have one of the most awesome journeys this summer!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The technological process of making wine, the types of grapes & wine, the culture of drinking and serving the wine.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Participants will have a chance to learn about winemaking by learning history, composition and the process of creating this beautiful drink.
- Examination type:
- Written exam and/or presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter, answers to the questions. Furthermore, we want to ensure cultural diversity and gender balance.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory, or hostel.
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them hot. Potable water will be always provided for free.
- Public Transport, walking.