Hack Me Baby One More Time!
Do you use Whatsapp to text your friends or use your computer to do digital payments? Ever wondered how all of this is secured? Then we have the answer for you! BEST Leuven organises an outstanding course this year to fill you in on these questions and more (see our survival guide for more info). Renowned professor Vincent Rijmen (inventor of AES) will be your guide and show you the ways of cryptography. Grab the opportunity to have classes in and around the beautiful castle of Arenberg on our campus!
All of this will take place in the wonderful, cozy city of Leuven, Belgium! Come over here and experience our bikes, our weather, our waffles and our charm! A true student city and home to the longest bar in the world, there’s always something to do and some place to party! It’s been home to thousands of international students already, and can be your home for ten days as well. We are eagerly waiting to host you, so don’t be shy, just apply!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Mathematics , Multimedia and Communication Design
- Content and topics:
- Cryptography, digital security
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Increase understanding of cryptographic methods and their underlying principles, as well as their real-world implementations
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- A motivation letter and answer to three questions. We're looking for fun, creative and interested people (who also know how to ride bikes)!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Lodging from a local youth movement
- Three meals a day, at least one of which is a hot meal
- By bike and public transportation. Being able to ride a bike is mandatory!