Graphene Technology - Cutting it Close
Graphene is an exciting new material. In fact, it is so exciting that the European Commission launched the "Graphene Flagship" - a new form of joint, coordinated research on an unprecedented scale, involving over 150 academic and industrial research groups in 23 countries. With a budget of €1 billion, it forms Europe's biggest ever research initiative, and it's all coordinated by Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden.
So yeah, the professors teaching you at our course know what they talk about. With that said, we will not make you a graphene expert if you choose to attend our course (1 week is just not enough for that), but our amazing professors will give you the basic understanding of a material you most likely will hear a lot more about in the future. Outside of the academical part, we will also show you the beauties of Gothenburg and the Swedish west coast during the early summer, introduce you to Swedish (student) culture, as well as acquaint you with students from all over Europe, who will be here to learn more about Graphene together with you. All in all, participants coming here will have an unforgettable experience - both academically and socially!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Materials Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Graphene technology and materials engineering
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The student will be introduced to the basics of graphene technology and it's use cases in different areas such as optics, electron dynamics, biology, architecture,electronics, etc. Trough lectures/experiments you will learn why graphene is important, an outlook on where you can use it and the future outcomes of applying graphene in different areas of engineering.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to activity related questions and academic background.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Single-beds and air mattresses in student appartments with hot water and showers for each participant.
- There will be at least 3 meals per day and at least one meal will be hot. Meals will be cooked by the members of BEST Gothenburg.
- Walking and public transport when necessary.