The End Of The Factory World
On this episode brave participants come to Lodz - city in the middle of Poland. They realize Lodz is a queen of old brick factories. Unwittingly they fall in loft with this place. To get out they have to find how it is possible that people live in old factories. They have to get to know how architects designed the buildings to be able to find the way outside.
Can they do this or is it really the end?
During the course, you will discover how factories were built and how the perception about them changed through the centuries. You will learn how architects and urbanists design city spaces and see their work tools. What’s more, you will see real life examples and you’ll be able to create your own idea of city space. You will be a part of social experiment.
Come to Lodz and experience magic of polish food and our hospitality. Sing on polish karaoke. Get a ride on polish tram. Go shopping on the longest european high street. Take a photo in an unicorn stable with our R E A L unicorn.
Isn’t it obvious? Apply now!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Conservation-Restoration , Environmental Engineering , Geodesy
- Content and topics:
- Industrial architecture, Post-industrial architecture, Architectural plans, Urban design, Architecture for people from different environments, social experiment about architecture
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Participants will learn how the post-industrial builidings and spaces are changing in the new forms, especially in lofts. They will be able to design the city spaces and lofts in existing buildings. They will understand how people receive architecture.
- Examination type:
- Written test
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter + 3 questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals (at least 1 meal will be cooked and hot/warm)
- Trams, Cars, Trains, Buses (provided by organisers)