CO2: Gotta catch it all!
The need for rapidly cutting down our CO2 emissions is appearing as more and more urgent, making it one of the largest challenges for the present generation. Beyond improving energy efficiency and fostering the deployment of renewables, a third path exists to contribute to the achievement of this goal, namely CO2 capture, re-use and storage technologies (CCUS).
Finally, YOU as a summer course student will be given the opportunity to propose and develop a CO2 mitigation solution for a concrete case study.
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- CO2 capturing techniques
- Learning goals and objectives:
- In this course, the techniques available for capturing CO2 will be highlighted and trained by students. The challenges related to CO2 capture from flue gas as well as direct air capture from the air will be presented. The question of what to do with captured CO2 will also be considered, based on CO2 re-use technologies along with storage solutions.
- Examination type:
- Case study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be selected based on their motivation letter and their answers to the three questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will sleep in the dorms of the university. There is one bed per room and one shower per two rooms. There is no limitation on hot water used in showers.
- Organisers will provide the participants with food as diverse as possible. For breakfast : bread, ham, cheese, cereals, jam, fresh vegetables & fruits, milk, fruit juices, etc... Lunch will mainly consist of sandwiches but sometimes it will also be a hot meal. Dinner will be a hot meal, unless at lunch it already was. Also, there will be Belgian fries. Coffee break will be given during lectures.
- Use of car, train, bus, even feet, all provided for free by the organisers.