Move and Mix: A Deep Dive in Urban Mobility
Join us in Ghent, Belgium for a journey into the exciting world of urban mobility and immerse yourself in a unique cross-cultural experience. You'll learn all about sustainable transportation and get a chance to work on real-world solutions to the challenges facing cities. Study the latest developments in bike-sharing systems, alternative fuel vehicles, smart traffic management, and more.
But that's just the start. You'll also get to explore the charming streets of medieval Ghent, indulge in delicious Belgian cuisine like waffles, fries, and chocolate, and sample some of the famous Belgian beers. Plus, you'll be surrounded by a diverse group of students from all over Europe, giving you the opportunity to make lifelong friends and expand your understanding of different cultures.
So don't miss this chance to have an unforgettable summer filled with learning, discovery, and international fun in the world of urban mobility!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Logistics , Mechanical Engineering , Power Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Sustainable transportation systems and solutions: including public transportation, active transportation, and alternative fuel vehicles. Urban planning and design: how cities can plan for efficient and sustainable mobility and how it impacts urban development. Transportation policy and regulation: understanding the policies and regulations surrounding sustainable transportation, such as congestion charges and low-emission zones.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Understanding sustainable transportation solutions for urban environments and their impact on cities and communities. Gaining hands-on experience in designing and implementing sustainable transportation solutions, such as bike sharing systems, smart traffic management systems and alternative fuel vehicles.
- Examination type:
- Final Exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions. Interest in topic. Aiming for a diverse group of nationalities and cultures.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- The accommodation has two sleeping halls with 20 beds each and accompanying bathrooms.
- Three meals per day, at least one hot meal. Coffee breaks between lecture/class.
- By foot or public transportation