Ghent deLIGHTed, a Summer Course for people who...
...are interested in light, light bulbs, lightning, lightening, and whatever word that starts with light.
...own Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon" because of the awesome album cover.
...are not afraid of lectures about optics, photonics and lasers, but actually like them.
...also like glass, mirrors and their architectural uses.
...followed Alice through the Looking-Glass.
...enjoy the sunrise while walking home from a wild night of partying.
...want to get delighted and enlightened in the beautiful city of Ghent.
Does this sound like a Summer Course for you? Then don't be shy, apply!
- Fields of activity:
- Architecture , Optics/Optometry
- Content and topics:
- Learning goals and objectives:
- After the course, the participants should have gathered a basic understanding of the many different aspects of light and its practical use in everyday life.
- Examination type:
- Presentation/Written Exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers on questions, keeping in mind a 50%-50% gender distribution, as well as a good nationaliy diversity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory (1 person rooms), weekend in tents.
- 1 hot meal a day (mostly in student restaurant), sandwiches (2 times a day).
- Bicycle, public transportation, hitchhiking.