Pimp my ride: Faster, Lighter, GREENer
Today we are living in a world where low fuel consumption is pushed into the eyes of the car manufacturers not only by the legislatives, but also by the customers? demands. Furthermore, the "cheap-oil" era is over!! So, it's all about going Green: Driving as Fast as you can, with a car as Light as possible to consume the least amount of fuel and saving our planet!!
Now! We in cooperation with Chalmers University of Technology have planned this course to teach you how to engineer a car which can survive in this drastic situation by the means of aerodynamics. We bring together smart, innovative and crazy people not only from all over the Europe but also from enchanting places like Japan to build a mighty team!
So if you are ready for two weeks of non-stop learning and having fun, cruising between amazing archipelagos and being one of the few lucky people who have the chance to see one of the unique racecars in the world, then ... Join us in this amazing venture!
- Fields of activity:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Fundamentals of Automotive engineering, Road Vehicle Aerodynamics (RVAD) and fluid dynamics, Wind tunnels and road tests, and Project work.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- A holistic view over Automotive engineering, and Fundamentals of Road Vehicle Aerodynamics.
- Examination type:
- Laboratory assignments.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Fulfilling the academic requirements and a motivating motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student residences.
- Three meals a day. At least one warm/cooked per day.
- Public transport provided by the organizers and your own feet!