Design your own materials
1 000 000 years ago humanity used stone to make objects. 3 000 years ago bronze was the material number one. For the last 2 000 years iron is the most important material. We don't want to live in the history. We live in a new millennium. What will be the newest material for the new age? After stone, bronze and iron ages, how can we call the current age? Do you want to find the answer this question? Do you want to discover the newest materials technology?
The most important question is this : Can we find something new that will be harder, sharper, more resistant, cheaper? That will be the BEST material ever?
The answer is simply YES, WE CAN.
Join us in discovering new ceramic materials and new surface treatments of metals.
If you want to...
...learn about new modern materials
...hear about techniques of preparing surface treatments
...know how to prepare materials for working, cutting and machining of metals
...use new modern analyses devices
...visit the BEST city in the Czech Republic
Just apply now for the course Design your own materials and come to visit our beautiful city and learn more with our experts from the Brno University of Technology. We will provide you fun, crazy parties, you will meet BEST people, new friends. . . simply, the BEST time of your life!
The dragons are waiting for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- metals and ceramics, surface treatment of this materials, experimental analysis (SEM, OM, XRD, XRF), materials for working, cutting and machining of metals
- Learning goals and objectives:
- get the information about different types of materials based on metals and ceramics and its surfaces treatment procedure, show some analysis procedure of this materials and show technology of preparation and using of special materials for metals cutting and machining
- Examination type:
- case study
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- motivation letter and answers on questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- student dormitory
- Three meals per day, student canteen and organizers' cooking
- public transportation