Hey, what's that sound?
For two weeks learn, party, dance, sing, smile and experience the wonderful nature of Sweden.
During the course, you will learn what sound is, and what its physical properties are.
We will also try to understand how we perceive the sound, and talk about its effects on our organism.
Different ways to protect ourselves from sound disturbances will be addressed.
More over, different methods for setting up a nice sound environment will be discussed, for various use cases, like e.g. an auditorium or a home studio set up in a living room. For this, the course will cover the basics of room acoustics, to give an understanding about how sound propagates.
You will also understand how sound is generated by loudspeakers. Explanation will be given about loudspeaker characteristics and parameters. An application for this would be an introduction about how to measure your loudspeakers (including measurement, T&S parameter, directivity, frequency response, etc…).
Aside from the academic part you will get to visit Sweden, where polar bears roam the streets, try the ancient viking drink mead, experience ALL of Sweden's holidays and party all night long.
Doesn’t It Sound good?? Apply Now!!!
- Content and topics:
- Basic notions of acoustics Introduction of signal processing Room acoustics Building acoustics Electroacoustics Measurements
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course is intended to give a good understanding of acoustics and how to handle the basics acoustics measurements.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation+ laboratories reports
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dorms
- 3 meals /day of which 1-2 are warm, cooked meals.