Back from a Dry Future : Create me a River
BEST Almada Summer Course 2013, "Back from a dry Future: Create me a River" is a technological course related to the water management problem.
About 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by water, but only 3% are fresh water. Up to 60% of the human body is water. And there's no way we can leave without it! But, the world's population is increasing every year and with it, water pollution is becoming increasingly severe! And honestly, we don't care much about water, and we are still taking long baths, and washing our car every week...
So, isn't it time to act, and do something?
What can we do to prevent a dry future?
What techniques can we use, what innovative solutions can we develop?
"Back from a Dry Future: Create me a River" won't be a theoretical boring course. It will be a survival course, and most of all, it will show you that everyone can make a difference, save the planet and change the future!
Check out this awesome promo video!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzASlp7e2hw
- Fields of activity:
- Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Participants will acquire some knowledge about water treatment and water management (theory and techniques).
- Learning goals and objectives:
- In the end of the course, participants should have developed an eco-entrepreneur conscious through some basic knowledge concerning water management and water treatment they've acquired on the course.
- Examination type:
- Final presentation or final exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants should be concerned about water resources, ecology and sustainability.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student's Residence.
- Three meals per day, at least one warm meal.
- Bus, boat, metro