Hack IT, Test IT, Try to break IT!
We live in a digital world, but as the real one, it has its dangers. Have you ever wondered how safe your digital memories are or how easy it is to break an app if it is not well secured?
During this course you will get an overview of what computer security and malware are, you will learn how to protect your computer from syn flooding attacks, Cross site request forgery and site scripting, from DNS attacks, wireless attacks and SQL Injection. Other topics included in the course are the functioning of cryptographic systems and their usage in order to protect your applications. So hack IT, test IT, try to break IT!
The courses will be held at Politehnica University of Timisoara. This summer we will learn how the attackers do their job and how to protect ourselves against them.
Timisoara is known as the Little Wien and it is very environmentally friendly. You can visit the first beer factory in Romania and the Recas Winery. Our traditional food is very delicious and youll fall in love with it! Its rich cultural diversity will make your experience very special. [There are endless possibilities of having fun for all types of people.
If youve ever wondered how Romanians hack NASA and the Pentagon, decrypt your way to Timisoara!
- Fields of activity:
- Computational Sciences
- Content and topics:
- The main topic is Computer Security. The focus will be placed on different types of possible attacks from the virtual world and how to protect ourselves or our applications (or clients) from them.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To get an overview of what computer security is and what is the malware history. To learn to protect yourself from syn flooding attacks. To learn to protect yourself from Cross site request forgery. To learn to protect yourself from Cross site scripting. To learn to protect yourself from DNS attacks. To learn to protect yourself from wireless attacks. To learn to protect yourself from SQL Injection. To learn how cryptografic systems work and how we use them to protect our applications.
- Examination type:
- The students will get a grade on each laboratory. The final grade will be the average of these.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answer to questions. We will evaluate the English level, the interest in the subject, the interest in location and the participant's personality. Make the motivation letter interesting to read and be original!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory.
- Three meals per day, at least one is hot, provided by the organisers.
- Public transport, bus.