Transportation: Fast & Future
Can you imagine a world without vehicles, aircrafts, ships and all the modern transports? Will you still have the same job, eat the same food, dress the same outfit, and travel with the same frequency?
Transport systems radically developed since the industrial revolution and most of what you take for granted today was not even conceivable a century ago.
All this comes with a cost though. Human population is unsustainably increasing. The shift from agrarian societies to urbanized ones led to the creation of megalopolis where traffic jams are inevitable. A huge part of the world greenhouse gas emissions is directly attributed to the transportation sector. Every year around 1.25 million people die from automobile accidents.
This leads to a conclusion: From planes to trains to automobiles, everything about how we move from point A to point B needs and is about to change. Whether its autonomous cars, electric vehicles, hyperloops, more efficient airplanes, faster trains, or unconventional transport models like car-sharing, were just on the cusp of a revolution in transportation.
In Magical Torino, the first capital of Italy and a major industrial leader, you will fuel this revolution. Together with other 25 students coming from all over Europe, you will have enthusiastic lectures and workshops, visit industries, meet companies' representatives and, at the end of the course, give your contribution in this revolution through a final case study!
But hold on! In order to give your BEST, you need to have a team, based on friendship, trust and, most importantly, fun had together! Thats why were planning thrilling social activities for every single night: two weekend trips in two different Italian regions, traditional parties, city rallies, sightseeing and MUCH MORE! Prepare your brain and not only! Unleash the Elon Musk in you and book your ticket to Fast&Future!
Check out our video about Spring course 2017! https://vimeo.com/193155225
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Maritime Management , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Overview of cutting edge and various future transportation systems of humans and goods. Students will be introduced to innovative sustainable transport solutions and, together with a company academic partner, will study in deep the future of one of the transportation sectors (automobiles, airplanes or trains). Students will also attend lectures offered by professors of Politecnico di Torino, workshops and guided tours to different industries. During the event students will get in touch with various companies operating in different transportation sectors through company presentations and/or a special Networking Session.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- -Learn the importance of developing sustainable, clean and revolutionary transportation solutions like Hybrid and Electric Vehicles and Autonomous Cars. -Get introduced to innovative transportation models like Car-Sharing systems. -Get introduced to non-conventional transportation systems like human-powered vehicles. -Get introduced to the future of Public Transportation. -Be involved in the creation of solutions to existing problems, working proactively in a team.
- Examination type:
- Case Study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, real interest in the subject, and answers to the questions. Studies in a field relevant to the subject of the course are appreciated.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals per day, at least one of them cooked; all provided by organizers at hostels, canteen, restaurants, etc.
- Public transportation provided by organizers.