They tried to make me go to rehab, I said Lund Lund Lund
What do you call a blind Swedish kid in a wheelchair? By his or her name of course. In Lund we take care of our disabled people! How you say?
Rehabilitation engineering may be as simple as making observations of how everyday tasks are performed and making accommodation to prevent further injury or discomfort. During this course you will learn how different kinds of products can make the day easier for people with disabilities. With access to our workshops, 3D-printers and VR-lab you will get the chance to design and test your own prototypes which can be used to make life easier for those in need. Lund is the center of innovation!
What? You thought IKEA was the only thing in Sweden? Get ready for the full Swedish experience! Does hiking, midsummer parties, authentic Swedish sauna and an exclusive Nobel dinner sound interesting? Join us in Sweden’s city of students and vikings for an amazing course and life time experience! What are you waiting for?!
- Fields of activity:
- Biomedical Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Technology can create possibilities for people with disabilities to increase their independence, quality of life and ability to participate in society. During this awesome Summer Course, you will look at the possibilities of how the needs, wishes, dreams and hopes of people with disabilities can be met with the application of technology. The course will be formed by lectures accompanied by individual assignments. A small group project will also be given. At the end of the course, you will be able to express that there is a positive challenge to try create solutions that increase an individual's independence and way of life.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- 1. Be able to identify and analyse the factors that may hinder people with disabilities 2. Be able to reflect on and describe how technical aids can support and enable people with dfferent disabilities to fulfill their dreams, desires and needs
- Examination type:
- Presentation of prototype
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letters and answers to the questions. We keep diversity ofcountries and genders in mind.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student apartments + cabin
- 3 meals provided by the organizers, at least one hot
- Walking, bus, swimming