Keep your Genes on, it's just Biotech!
Welcome to the city of Aachen that is always embracing new ideas and discoveries!
Biotechnology - it's not about building a cyborg! However, we will teach you many amazing things!
We want to show you biotechnology in all of its diversity. Therefore you will learn about traditional applications (brewing!) as well as the most modern technologies that might change the world. We want to give you an overview on biotechnologies and their applications including: What's possible with molecular biotechnology? How to produce biofuels with microorgansims? How to design a bioreactor? How to scale up your bioprocess?
As you can see, we will give you an awesome overview on novel biotechnological developments and combine it with traditional and fun biotech applications.
You're a biotechnologist? Join and see why RWTH Aachen Unversities slogan is "Thinking the future"!
Studying something else? Join and learn how you can apply your studies in biotechnology and get awesome new and sustainable ideas about production methods!
You'll have unbelievably great parties, a fun-filled city rally around the historic city of Aachen, a German culture shock and much more - apply and find out in june. ;)
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Computational Sciences , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Lectures and principles about various aspects of biotechnology. Learning about molecular biotechnology, biotechnology-process engineering and novel analytical systems. Application of biotechnology to solve modern day problems and applied knowledge of fermentation processes - aka how to brew beer ;).
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The participants are supposed to get an insight into current as well as traditional topics of biotechnology. They will learn about the up-to-date and progressive resarch in various fields done at RWTH Aachen University. Further they will learn to work in a diverse team of different nationalities and further improve their soft skills.
- Examination type:
- Presentation or written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the proposed questions (be original, creative, crazy!). Aiming for gender equality and a variety of nationalities.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Cozy cottage & apartment hotel or student dorm.
- Three meals per day of which at least one will be hot. Insights into the German cuisine are guaranteed and you definitely don't wanna miss out on the famous Schnitzel! Not to mention Currywurst Au Huur!
- Public transport and rented busses.