GameWave: Create Your Virtual Reality
Do you want to create your personal worlds and universes?
Do you miss good old times, when the sun was brighter, technologies were primitive and George Clooney was young?
Are you a fan of the 80's?
Do you feel yourself a child of other days?
Do you want to retrieve this mix of the freedom and neon lightness to the reality?
Your own reality!
How is it possible to combine everything in one event?
We propose you to dive into incredible world of game development and to study all the necessary things to start your amazing career on the planet of video games!
Have you ever dreamed to run masterpiece like Hotline Miami, NFS, GTA, Arizona Sunshine VR? We know, how to establish good ground in one of the most perspective fields of computer sciences!
And all this in the incredible atmosphere of our beatiful City of Fountains, neverending fun, melting pot of diverse cultures and absolute(and mutual, we hope:D)care and love from the organizers' side. Unite with the marvelous Ukrainian nature and great exotic culture, enjoy legendary Ukrainian summer nights, full of grigs' and nightingales' singing, taste gorgeous Ukrainian cuisine, see the enchanting Ukrainian beauty and make a first step to an exciting future, dancing on the spellbinding retrowaves!
Let's go hard: work harder than ever, and party even harder! Promise, you won't forget these 10 days. ;)
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics
- Content and topics:
- 1. How to design a computer game? 2. Basics of the game development in team. 3. Unity 5: what is it and how to work with it? 4. Designing of a game interface, graphics in games. 5. Specific of the 3D games development. 6. Development for virtual reality, Unity3d including Oculus VR/HTC Vive/Google Daydream/Samsung Gear VR(exactly model will be chosen later).
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Participants will get basic knowledge on game development, creating games for virtual reality, work in team. They will gain basic skills in game creating and get good basis to start successful career or at least to have an idea, how the field of game development works
- Examination type:
- Written exam and/or presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We take into consideration Motivation Letter, answers to the questions, interest in topic, enthusiasm and creativity of the applicant. Show, how smart and nice you are and be brave. :)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel/university dorms
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them hot
- Public transport, by feet, taxi, in the car of the Driver from Drive ;)