Build your DDDreams
Before I describe the course, I have to know you can do it. So imagine you’re in Ghent, on a summer course. You’re there to master the art of 3D printing. What do you do in a situation like this? That’s right, you use your limitless imagination to rock the classes and you have so much fun that your friends will think you were only dreaming!
So now I can tell you about the course. I want you to perform inception. I want you to plant the idea in the minds of 20 other bold people in Europe to come to Ghent with you. Apply for the course and start this breathtaking adventure together with some of the most dazzling people you’ll ever meet. We have a very motivated team of teachers and an energetic BEST group that cannot wait to bring a whole new dimension to the course. You will not only learn all about the 3D printing process, but you will get to apply your knowledge when you 3D print your own BEST souvenir. Sounds amazing, right?
When you work hard, you have to play hard. So get ready to spend 10 unforgettable days in the beautiful and vibrant city of Ghent. Immerse yourself completely in the Belgian culture, meet a lot of awesome people from all over Europe and have a taste of our heavenly Belgian food and drinks. By the way, people, we’re talking about chocolate, fries, waffles and beer, YAY. We would love to show you the wonderful and very cosy city centre by day, and later explore Ghent by night. Get ready for the most legendary social activities and meeting new friends.
You never really remember the beginning of a dream, but we promise you’ll never forget the ending of this one. We’re waiting for you to apply. You will leave with a head full of knowledge and with tons of precious memories. Let your dreams come true, this summer in Ghent!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Conservation-Restoration , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geodesy , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Maritime Management , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- During the Summer Course, the focus will be on Additive Manufacturing technologies, also known as 3D Printing. Firstly, the different types of 3D Printing technologies will be discussed, including the comparison with conventional production technologies. It will be highlighted which type of materials can be applied. In combination with the 3D Printing technologies, other production methods of a FabLab environment will be discussed, including design tools for fast materialization of new ideas by use of technologies such as Laser Cutting technologies.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Basic understanding of 3D Printing and related technologies. Understanding and applicaiton of 3D CAD software for 3D Printing. To learn and operate a lowcost 3D Printer. To learn and operate Laser Cutting and other FabLab equipment. Understanding the integration of 3D Printing in industrial applications by means of company visit. Development and production of own design/object in the FabLab UGent.
- Examination type:
- Group based learning project work. Presentation about 3D Printing and its application in your object.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions. We want open-minded, creative people with a passion for making their dreams a reality!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Shared sleeping rooms with camping beds.
- Three meals per day, at least one (or two) hot meals. Coffee breaks between lecture/class.
- We will take public transportation and ride bikes for about 10km a day. So some biking experience is a must!