Connect'em All! Internet of Things
Don’t you sometimes feel that your phone knows more about you than yourself?
Or that your home appliances and electronics are smarter than you?
Nowadays, not only social media connect people.
Even the smartest people of present time wonder about those things. One of them (Stephen Hawking) even said :
“We are all now connected by the Internet,
like neurons in a giant brain”
Our local group decided to explore this idea further by making this year’s topic
of Summer Course devoted to:
Internet of Things
>>the interconnection via the Internet of computing devices embedded in everyday
objects, enabling them to send as well receive data, to respond for users needs<<
Everyday we are surrounded by the infrastructure of intelligent everyday things.
Not only items such as watches, telephones, fridges, electric toothbrushes,
but also homes or even whole cities exchange information constantly,
in order to improve the quality and comfort of our lives.
Wanna know more?
If you’ve ever:
- dreamt of a home that is like a dog waiting for you to brings slippers;
- desired of global system which could adjust traffic to let everyone arrive on time;
- wanted to know how to design machine that will help you overcome hungover after Friday’s party;
- feared that intelligent things can be used against you and the apocalypse is coming...
...or you just want to learn something new...
This course definitely is for YOU
Spend fantastic 10 days with awesome Polish people,
learn about many different cultures and see how you can use IoT in your(neighbors) life!
We want to connect people from all Europe, traveling, academic knowledge and
most of all... FUN all together in our beautiful city in the center of Europe!
What we ensure:
Fantastic classes with experts in the field?
Mixed of cultures and people who are interested in things you also like?
Sightseeing and getting to know polish culture, traditions and most important:
polish people? YES!
We simply can’t wait to see you at our University, so chop chop, let
motivational letter writing begin NOW!
- Fields of activity:
- Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Mechatronics , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- During the course, we will introduce to you appliance of microcomputers and arrays of different sensors connected by wireless technology.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The basic goal of our course is to improve skills and knowledge of IoT devices, which include: programming, adaptation and adjustment of microcomputers, as well as proper hardware and software applications of wireless technologies for both their environment integration and communication between them. Concurrent goal of our course is to increase awareness of their applications in our life present and future.
- Examination type:
- Project work and presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in topic, motivation letter and your answers
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will be hosted in a hostel, guesthouse or student dormitory.
- Three meals per day, at least one warm.
- Public transport, buses.