Deep thought: principles and applications of EEG Brain-Machine Interfaces
Are you ready for a mind-blowing experience about the cutting edge of Neuroengineering in Italy's fashion capital?
The technology of Electroencephalography (EEG) has gone farther than you might believe. It consists in several electrodes placed over your head, used by scientists to “read” your brain waves and your brain’s electrical activity. As up to now this tech is able to make quadriplegic move prosthetics with their mind, just like it can allow you to play some video games without any controller or even read your emotions.
In this Course you will be shown how the brain works from the basics, how can we decipher its activity using EEG + A.I. and what is possible to do nowadays by using the state of the state-of-the-art tech!
Come to one of the top tech universities in the world and explore the secrets of our body's most mysterious organ. Get to know 20+ other students from all around Europe experiencing 10 days of great italian food, sightseeing and partying for a lifelong memory!
Don't be shy, just apply!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Physics/Physics Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Neurobiology, neurochemistry, biological and artificial neural networks, elettroencephalography, machine learning
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The students will learn the working principles of EEGs and the neurobiology necessary in order to understand it. Along with that, some notions of neural networks and machine learning will also be given as such technology is currently used paired with EEG to elaborate data.
- Examination type:
- Group project or written test or continuous evaluation during the course
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be chosen by Motivational Letters and by answers to a few questions. We are looking for students not only willing to learn but also to spend 10 days in a multicultural environment, meeting new people and friendly. Let us understand that you're original, motivated and fun :)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 daily meals provided by your beloved Best Milan (at least one cooked and hot)
- Public transport (Bus, metro, train)