Smartville: The City of Tomorrow, Today
Have you ever imagined of optimising your city to be more sustainable?
Do you want to catch a glimpse into the future of cities?
Do you want to be up to date with the latest and greatest technologies with applications on smart cities?
This is the opportunity you were looking for! Hurry up and apply to this 9 day course on Smart Cities and find out how technology can be implemented to smarten cities up! Experience an exciting academic schedule, where you will get the chance to get well-rounded understanding and conclusive insight on the topic of Smart Cities.
If you’re not convinced yet, our city will make this decision easy for you. Explore the beauty of coastal Thessaloniki, experience the HALARA lifestyle in the homeland of gyros and frappe! All that with a group of amazing and fun locals who will make your stay memorable!
Don’t miss this chance! Just apply ;D
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Logistics , Mechanical Engineering , Power Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The Course provides an overview of the: - Introduction to the concept of smart cities - Examples of applied technologies in cities around the world - Basic technologies used in the development of smart systems - Different approaches in structuring and developing a smart city
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is for the participants to acquire general knowledge on the infrastructure and functions of smart cities. The course will tackle basic concepts of smart cities, the key technologies and different approaches taken by cities and organizations globally, to create a “smarter” environment.
- Examination type:
- Presentation based on a case study or project or written exam or continuous evaluation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on motivation letter, interest on the topic and answers to questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University Dormitory
- Three meals per day, at least one of them cooked and hot (provided by organizers).
- Public transportation, walking