Hands-on CONTROL : automate your industry
Come to Brussels to discover the hidden magic of automation!
Learn about the applications of control engineering in an actual automatic lab and apply your newly learned theoretical knowledge to a hands-on project.
Our LBG is proud to welcome you to the capital of Europe to discover its food, culture, and worldwide known beers !
- Fields of activity:
- Control Engineering/Systems engineering
- Content and topics:
- In this course, we will introduce the basic notions of automatic control through an approach based on teaching by experiments. The students will perform some experiments on the didactical processes of our teaching lab, and the lecturer will start from the analysis of the obtained results to develop the theoretical concepts. The first part will be dedicated to the introduction of basic tools for dynamic systems modeling, next, feedback control will be studied and a case study showing how a wind turbine is controlled to achieve maximum energy capture will end the lectures.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- At the end of the course, the student should understand the basic trade-offs in controller design and be able to implement a controller on a real process.
- Examination type:
- Projects with oral presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter & Academic background
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- JES Sleep Inn Youth Hostel - During all the event
- Warm meals at the university canteen for lunch and loving homemade food for dinners and the weekend. Coffee breaks will be provided between the lessons.
- STIB public transportation in the city and SNCB national railways for our weekend trip.