Thought for Food... Genetics
Do you want to know what you are eating?
How is food genetically modified?
Are genetically engineered foods safe to eat?
Should consumers be able to learn if their food contains genetically engineered ingredients?
If all that seems interesting to you and you are curious to learn the answers to these questions, then you know what to do in April. A 10 – day course is waiting for you in Thessaloniki where you are going to learn about bioengineered foods, the health effects that they have and the future concerning Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). To gain this knowledge, come to the second biggest city of Greece and experience its beauty and warmth.
Don’t miss this chance! Just apply ;D
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Genetically engineered foods, genetically modified organisms, bioengineered foods, pesticides, biological foods
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Participants will gain basic knowledge on food engineering and technology. They will also get to know the city and participate in social activities in order to bond and know other cultures of all Europe.
- Examination type:
- Presentation based on a case study or project or written exam or continuous evaluation.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on motivation letter, interest on the topic and answers to questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel, university dormitory or organizers’ houses.
- Three meals per day, at least one hot (provided by organizers).
- Public transportation, walking