Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Have you ever dreamed of exploring the mysterious darkness of the abyss? If your mind drifts to the slow contemplation of strange jellyfish and deformed sharks: this course is for you! But it is also for all those whose curiosity leads them to the sea, this space threatened by multiple dangers with unknown consequences. In this course, you will first situate the stakes that the oceans and their resources represent. You will find the technological means to quantify them thanks to the acoustic waves and their treatment. We will also contemplate the life of the oceans and their functioning.
The ocean is a universe that still holds many secrets. In these times of questioning about issues such as climate or energy, more and more people are looking at the blue horizons beyond our coasts. So, if you love sea and if you want to observe, listen, study and discover all hidden secrets of oceans, come to Brest!
The program is as vast as the setting is beautiful. La Bretagne, a nation of intrepid explorers and more modest navigators will reveal its most beautiful lights, its most mysterious mists, and sometimes, unfortunately, the thunder of Brest!
- Fields of activity:
- Maritime Management , Physics/Physics Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Applied Sciences , Biology
- Content and topics:
- Hydrography and oceanography, marine acoustics, fluid dynamics, marine law
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Discovering and analysing the underwater world of oceans, and getting to know the issues of this environment.
- Examination type:
- Oral presentation or final written test
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and the answers to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or dormitories
- 3 meals per day, at least one hot
- Bus, tramway and walking. Transportation will be free of charge for the participants during the event.