003D: No Time To Waste
Have you ever dreamed of visiting Portugal? Do you want to learn everything about additive manufacturing? If your answer to both of these questions was ‘yes’, this is definitely the course for you!
The technologies to make components or parts that can only be imagined is now achievable through additive manufacturing (AM), commonly known as 3D printing. However, the possibility of thinking outside the box with the new set of processes and technologies offered by AM also offers a chance of rethinking the reduction of raw materials, the substitution of biobased materials, the bioremediation of critical raw materials and many other possibilities.
But as the course is not just the academic part, we are organizing a lot of fun things to show you and do together! From Coimbra and its traditions and customs to our beautiful beaches and countryside. Without forgetting the unique experience of partying in the city of Students. Excited? So are we!
Portuguese food, wine, culture and its people! What could be better?
Don’t be shy and apply!
- Fields of activity:
- Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Additive manufacturing (AM): processes, technologies and materials; Plastics: essentials or only pollutants; Components/parts: making the same or better with much less by AM; Are renewable sources really renewable? Circular economy or spiral economy?
- Learning goals and objectives:
- At the end of the course, the student should understand the basics of thinking in different ways in order to take the best advantage of additive manufacturing (AM) and its contribution to a renewable economy. AM is only limited by your imagination.
- Examination type:
- Quiz test
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter, relevant courses attended, level of english and answers to questions. Show us your interest, personality and creativity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dorms or an Erasmus residence.
- Breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch/dinner (at least 1 hot meal) will be provided by the organizers. Some meals will take place at the university canteens but you'll also experience Coimbra's finest chefs (the beautiful members of our Local BEST Group!).
- Public transportation, walking or private transport arranged by the Local BEST Group.