A Photon in the Dark: Fluorescence and Sensor Technology
"A photon in the dark!" Do YOU want to find it? Do YOU want to know where it comes from and what you can do with it? .... Don't hesitate, APPLY!
Fluorescence spectroscopy is a widely used technique in biophysics and bio- chemistry. It has various applications in biology, medicine and environmental research. In combination with sensor technology you get a useful tool to solve analytic problems. In laboratory sessions you will synthesize your own fluorescence dye and construct your own sensor to become acquainted with the subject. YOU will find your photon in the dark!
Apart from fluorescence and sensor technology you will get to know the culture, traditions and hospitality of Graz, the best student city of Austria. You will find out why Graz was the cultural capital and maybe you will get to know the secrets that made Arnold Schwarzenegger the Terminator and Governator.
Are you ready to come to the green heart of Europe to take a deep breath of Austrian spirit for one week? Apply now!
- Content and topics:
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy (Basics, Measurement Methods, Fluorescence Microscopy) - Sensor Technology (Basics of Chemo- and Biosensors, Optical Fluorescence Sensors, Environmental Analysis, Medicine and Biological Research) - 2 Laboratory Sessions (Fluorescence, Optical Sensors)
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Get to know the potential of fluorescence with its application and become acquainted with the subject in laboratory sessions. Gain knowledge in Sensor Technology especially in the flied of Fluorescence.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter! We try to reach the best gender and cultural diversity as possible.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students dormitory
- You'll get it in the Austrian way (breakfast, lunch, dinner and lots of coffee breaks)
- local transport and walking -> bring your own fur boots ;)