The Lord of BUILDings: the return of the sustainability
Anno domini 2012. The world is collapsing.
"What is SUSTAINABILITY? .. And what does it mean in ARCHITECTURAL FIELD??". The two Main OrganizHeroes are consumed by their own worries "How it is possible people don't understand.."
Both minds came back to the time of the Founding Fathers.
"We can still remember each words of their teachings:
[Green architecture is extremely important to restore the ecological balance of the planet. With a good design is possible to achieve an high comfort naturally, avoiding artificial solutions: a building can be really sustainable only if its architecture is designed sustainable!!!]
But something suddenly interrupted the flow of memories: the Lord of the Building, and his right-hand man, Fergauron, were in front of them. The monsters had subdued the whole of Naples, the city a long time before known for the breathtaking landescapes, the delicious pizza, the mastodontic Vesuvius, the tasty home-made limoncello, the cheerful people and that nowadays, instead, had became a city with no sun.
The two "freaks" had come for them: they wanted to erase the pure principles they had been representing.
But this time, the two fearless MOs were not alone "we won't lose, not again!".
Turning their heads, they felt relieved at the sight of 22 brave warriors. No one moved backwards.
Everyone was ready to fight, overcoming fears, risking their lives. But, most of all, keen on showing that it is possible to be sustainable also without expensive technologies.
And you.. ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF THE GREEN ARMY?
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- - introduction on local construction materials - development and design of buildings using suistanable materials - rural architecture - the Cultural Landscape according to the Unesco agency programm - company visit
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Give a basic knowledge in the field of sustainable architecture, show how it is possible to design green buildings without expensive technologies
- Examination type:
- Miniproject or presentation or written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select 22 participants based on their motivation letters and try to keep diversity between countries and keep genders balanced.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Hostel,University dormitory near the University
- Three meals per day. At least one meal per day will be served cooked and hot. Pasta everyday!!! Welcome to EATaly!
- Public transport and private cars according to the needs.