FREE your NRG: the power of the fruitjuice under the sunshine
Would you be able to take electrons out from a blueberry? Do you want to discover the beauties of the eternal city? Do you want to meet more than 30 European students, create your personal organic cell and contribute to realize the "Energetic Dream"? So what are you waiting for? Rome is here for you!
Today we live in a period full of opportunities for renewable energies. This is a perfect moment to increase the use of clean energy in order to take care of our future!
All this will be possible in this Summer Course, where you will learn and party during 13 days full of emotions and new friends! Remember: italian food and drink, shiny sun, funny people and all the vitality you have always dreamt!
- Content and topics:
- Solar cells use semiconductors to produce electrical current from solar radiation with an efficiency considered not enough to cover the amount of costs for their production! Freenergy association, from Tor Vergata University, is studying the behaviour of organic cells that implement a special chlorophyllian photosynthesis using organic pigments obtained by forest fruits. Photovoltaic-organic materials can increase the efficiency of normal solar cells absorbing a larger solar spectre: a step forward to a new kind of energy. That's not all! Organic cells can also be produced as thin films that can be used to cover entire buildings and also our clothes with very low cost!
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To align the participants’ knowledge to the state-of-art of solar cells. To show what industry needs today and tomorrow in order to develop this new technology. To think about the world energetic need and how to provide alternative sources. To learn how to build your own solar cell.
- Examination type:
- Construction of a solar cell.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter. We will accept people who love working together making themselves questions, trying to solve problems together. They don't need any knowledge about the argument of the course. We'll check for fruit allergies :-)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or students' houses
- We will provide three meals per day and two coffebreaks during the lectures.
- Cars and public transport