From water to electricity, what a dam(n) story !
Dams and pumped storage power stations are perfect to overcome the unavoidable variability of availability of renewable energy. This summer course will let you discover how dams and electricity production are linked and how, nowadays, modern pumped storage power stations work. Courses will be given in strong interaction with the experimental hydraulic structures laboratory of University of Liege.
During the event, you'll also have the chance to discover Belgium, Liege and other beautiful cities like Bruges and Brussels, capital of Europe! Of course, you'll taste our various, numerous beers, cheeses, wafels and ... chocolates! Without forgetting the friendly Belgian spirit and our crazy parties!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Civil Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Dams, hydraulic electricity production and storage.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Master a way of storing energy via hydraulic structures.
- Examination type:
- Practical work and a short written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The selection will be based on the participant's motivation letter and on the balance in the participants' origins.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University accomodation on the campus, with single room for everyone.
- Breakfast in the morning, picnic at midday and hot meal cooked by your BEST organisers in the evening.
- Mainly by bus and train accross Li?ge and Belgium. By feet across university.