Why all this commotion about Corrosion? Discover corrosion in the context of a durable society
Tired of corroding keys and cars? Interested in solving a problem that consumes up to 1-5% of a nation's GNP and induces both health and safety issues? Always wanted to study/ be part of a top research group in the domain of corrosion (see www.surfgroup.be)?
Moreover, do you want to get to know the sparkling city of Brussels, where students, members of the European commission and rockstars meet to have a good time? Do you want to be in a soccer crazy country during the finals of the FIFA World Cup?
Then don't hesitate and apply to get the BEST summer experience of your life!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Materials Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Corrosion technology Electrochemical Modelling Electrochemical and surface processes
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The electrochemical fundamentals of the corrosion process will be explained and ways to protect structures from such phenomena will be discussed. Complementary surface analysis and electrochemical techniques to analyse corrosion features and protective layers will be overviewed. Furthermore, modelling and prediction of corrosion processes will be considered. The students will work on dedicated corrosion projects, using in-house highly specialised analysis equipment.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of the labs done during the project
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in chemistry and electrochemistry Innovative answers to the questions A creative Motivation Letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories on the campus of the university are provided
- Three meals per day (one hot meal is included)
- Public transportation