This...is...Start-Up! A guide to success
Do you want to learn how to earn so much money that you wouldn't know what to do with it?
Would you like to learn the key to succeed like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs?
Are you thinking of developing a company, or want to know how they work so you can master the financial and technological world? This is your opportunity!!
In this course you'll be given the opportunity to learn how to deal with the main problems startups at their beginnings. Creating a Startup is never easy, but with us you will be able to develop an idea in a week and learn the necessary steps to succeed turning it into a startup. Don't hesitate! Just apply!
Are you ready to accept our challenge this summer? Madrid is waiting for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Multimedia and Communication Design , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The objective of the course is to provide the participants with the tools and skills necessary to start their own business and learn how startups work. During the course, the participants will be able to develop a businness idea by teams, selected among the ones that they themselves propose. The course will include theoretical and practical lectures, where expert entrepreneurs, associations, and university professors will show them the important aspects to take into account when creating a startup. At the end of the course the participants will do a presentation of their businness idea at an important accelerator, and receive professional feedback on it.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- - To learn important skills both useful for their professional and business life. - To learn the basis of the business and startup world. - To create, develop and prototype (if possible) a business idea. - To make a presentation of their idea with all the new aspects learned during the week.
- Examination type:
- Elaboration of a topic within a small group with a short presentation of the outcomes at the end of the course.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the proposed questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth hostel in the city center of Madrid and youth hostel during the weekend trip
- Three meals per day (at least one hot) at University and hostel's canteen
- Trains and subway