Pirates of the babá! the c(o)urse of naval design and material
In the secret pirates cave, near Napoli, someone screwed.
Crew! What the hell is this silence?! said Hook, the terrible captain.
Sir a pirate said calmly, meanwhile a drop of water fell down on the head of the crew. Theres a problem .
Other silence: it was possible to hear the sound of the wonderful city on earth: shiny people that walk without thinking about whats happening in the undersea cave, just avoiding the sellers of food (Food, food everywhere!).
A problem? said Hook! Who was speaking?! Hang him! Problem is not mentioned in my dictionary!
Captain replied the pirate we have the most incredible ship, the queen of the seven seas, we invented a new material, which repairs the damages by itself
And? Hook became more and more suspicious.
But no one know how it works!
Ah this is the problem? shut up, stupid! We are in Naples, here we can learn everything about ships and the materials they are made up. But probably you are too much stupid to undestand all those stuffs! We need more people! Spread the world: the BEST Napoli's crew is recruiting new members! The training will happen in october, with the wind in its favour!
Are you brave enough to join our crew?
- Fields of activity:
- Materials Engineering , Naval Architecture & Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The topics are about the new conquers of naval engineering focusing on materials used in this field according to the latest innovations.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The goal is to become more conscious about the developments of ships.
- Examination type:
- A short final presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter and answers to three questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- A hostel or a dormitory of University
- Three meals per day: italian light breakfast, lunch and dinner. At least one hot meal per day. Traditional neapolitan food.
- Organizers' car and public transport