Parallel Play is the BEST Way!
Have you ever wanted to handle 1000 things at the same time? Have you ever dreamed about doing your university project, partying with your friends, visiting Europe and Asia at once, walking with a bear, singing Katyusha... and doing it all in PARALLEL way? Is it too hard? Almost impossible?! But how do computers manage to do so many complicated tasks at once? Our course will show you that a parallel play for sure is the BEST way!!!
This course is devoted to parallel computing and it teaches how to utilize more than 1 core to solve a task. You will learn basic approaches and principles of parallel computing, get to know complex computing systems, and see real scientific tasks. During this course, you will learn basis of Linux, Open Multi-Processing (OpenMP) standard and Message Passing Interface (MPI). Do YOU want to have significant experience of using parallel computing systems for real world applications? If yes, let's do it! You will combine extremely useful knowledge with extremely blow-minding activities!
We challenge you to explore a big world of computing and rich culture of Russia during these unforgettable 10 days! You'll see the place where the last monarch has been killed and the first president has been born, you will test the shortest metro line in the world and you will feel a true soul of Russia. We promise you spending a great time and lots of interesting and breathtaking surprises! Russian banya, snow (yes, even at the beginning of March!), borsch, famous Eka UrFU hospitality and many other things! So, there is a question what are you waiting for?
Dont miss the opportunity to learn how to cultivate all cores you have on board of your device and even cores in supercomputers and get to know Russian lifestyle :) And who knows, probably you will be the next scientist who will change our world with a parallel computing...
Apply now and be ready to rock this spring!!!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics
- Content and topics:
- The course covers the following topics: 1) Parallel computing systems 2) basic Linux 3) Open Multi-Processing (OpenMP) 4) Message Passing Interface (MPI)
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Aim of the course is to introduce students to high performance computing and parallel programming. To acquire knowledge about how to parallelize and run programs on many cores.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Your Motivation Letter, interest in the topic, answers to the questions, cultural diversity
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Hostel
- Three meals per day, at least one hot
- On foot, public transportation, rented buses