They say disabilities, We say possibilities
BEST Lund is hosting an awesome Summer Course this year!! Join us for 10 days of learning about Rehabilitation Engineering and FUN! We are excited to spend time with you exploring this unique topic. The participants will enjoy the Swedish culture in various ways: We will provide Swedish food, Swedish efficiency and Swedish hospitality. During the weekend trip, we will be in a cottage in a location with typical Swedish nature surroundings.
From the 3rd to the 12th of June we invite you to come design with us. Rehabilitation Engineering may be as simple as making observations of how everyday tasks are performed and making accommodation to prevent further injury or discomfort for disabled persons. You will be given the opportunity to design a simple prototype of a technical aid for a person with a disability.
- Fields of activity:
- Biomedical Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Technology can create possibilities for people with disabilities to increase their independence, quality of life and ability to participate in society. During this awesome Summer Course, you will look at the possibilities of how the needs, wishes, dreams and hopes of people with disabilities can be met with the application of technology. The course will be formed by lectures accompanied by individual assignments. A small group project will also be given. At the end of the course, you will be able to express that there is a positive challenge to try create solutions that increase an individual's independence and way of life.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- 1. Be able to identify and analyse the factors that may hinder people with disabilities 2. Be able to reflect on and describe how technical aids can support and enable people with dfferent disabilities to fulfill their dreams, desires and needs
- Examination type:
- Presentation of prototype
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letters and answers to the questions. We keep diversity ofcountries and genders in mind.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student Dorm
- 3 meals provided by the organizers, at least one hot
- public transport transportation by foot