Smart Tech: The force awakens
Can you imagine a world where you don’t need a card to pay for your shopping?
Or even better, to make your work without a phone, a computer or internet?
It is almost unimaginable, right?
Now let’s stop for a second and think about the role of technology in our lives. Isn't technology everywhere you look at?
Well…the answer is yes and some of them are smart enough to change and adapt themselves to work in the way a human would do to fit into any situation.
Wouldn’t be interesting to know how smart can technology be and what we use it for?
If you are the kind of person that ask yourself questions like: how do the new technologies improve our life quality level? Is my credit card trustable? Are smart technologies really smart? You are reading the right course description and we have good news for you! Apply to our Winter Course in February and you will have the chance to learn about Smart Technologies.
In our course, you will get an overview of some of these Smart Technologies. Get to know about Smart Factories, which technologies and processes they use and how they work. Not only that, you will also get to know about Smart Cards, for what do we use them, how they work and if they are secure enough to trust them our money or personal data.
If that isn’t enough to visit us, think about living a full Austrian experience! You will have the chance to visit the city of Graz and get to know the Austrian culture and people while tasting delicious food, going hiking in our snowy mountains like a real Austrian and much more. So don’t think about it too much and take the chance, we will make sure these 8 days you will spend here with a bunch of other international students will be unforgettable. What are you waiting for to send us your application?
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Production Engineering/Management , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- The content will cover the definition of smart technologies, an overview of their current usage, and the directions of development and innovation trends in the near future. The topics will be supplemented with several company visits to some of the foremost industry leaders in which the participants will get a glimpse of how smart technologies are already being applied both at factories and in daily life situations.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course aims to equip students with both theoretical and practical knowledge on the topic of smart technologies. Topics covered in the course range from basic concepts to real life industry application scenarios.
- Examination type:
- Final test
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The main criteria for the selection are the motivation letter and the answers to the questions, where we focus on the interest in the topic. Furthermore, we want to ensure cultural diversity and gender balance among the participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will be hosted in a hostel, guesthouse or student dormitory.
- Three meals a day, at least one of them hot. Cooked and served by our helpful organisers or local restaurants.
- Public transport, walking